I've also been doing a lot of reading lately, blog posts and tutorials and all. I'm sort of prepping myself because I want to enter the GSOC and actually get paid to work on Parrot this summer. I've also been seriously contemplating a switch of my major from EE to CompSci, and this kind of stuff is really going to get me into the mode for that.
I've been reading a few blog posts and other pages here and there, and I want to save some links here, mostly for my own convenience.
First, this post by Chromatic actually made me laugh out loud. I mean, I laughed so hard I startled the dog. I doubt most people will find it as funny as I did.
Next, there's a great set of PCT tutorials out there on ParrotBlog. For convenience, I'm going to post links to all of them:
- Episode 7:Operators and Precedence
- Episode 6: Scope and Subroutines
- Episode 5: Variable declaration and Scope
- Episode 4: PAST Nodes and More Statements
- Episode 3: Squaak Details and First Steps
- Episode 2: Poking in Compiler Guts
- Episode 1: Introduction