Blog Closed

This blog has moved to Github. This page will not be updated and is not open for comments. Please go to the new site for updated content.

Friday, February 29, 2008


I spent some time today working on my wikibot program. I got a lot of problems fixed, a lot of details ironed out, and a lot of new features added. I'm probably getting close to the next release, and when that happens I'll probably upgrade the project from alpha to beta.

I used the bot yesterday and the day before to help with some edits to the [[Muggles' Guide to Harry Potter]] book on Wikibooks. That book has over 780 pages, and the bot worked without any kind of problem or complication. My algorithms ended up missing some important corner cases which I needed to go back and fix later, but the bot worked 100% like it was supposed to.

As I get the basic functionality written and stabilized, I find myself looking forward to what kinds of cool features or additions I would like to add to it. I've begun writing up a "to do" list for features that I want to add. I am trying to keep the program--overall--relatively quick and light weight, so some of these features might never be implemented, however.

There are a couple more things I want to do before I move the project into beta. I definitely want to create an installer for it, and I want to improve a lot of the documentation too. A lot of this is administrative, like creating manifests, readmes, makefiles. I need to be more diligent about including the text of the GPL in my distribution too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.