- I am adding a new job to my task list: removing the deprecated stacks functions. I added in the deprecation notice in r39144, which means I can't work on this stuff until the 1.5 release in 3 months.
- The calling conventions work is all blocking, probably until 1.4 in two months. This is a pretty big issue and getting bigger, because I'm finding all sorts of new items that are related to this that I wasn't aware of previously. Most of the items on my list are blocked because of this.
- Create the incremental GC
- The Asynchronous IO system
- Documentation (especially the book)
So basically I have the incremental GC and the AIO systems to work on for now. Since I'm not ready yet to do the GC, I've started the AIO work this morning and have already started implementing some of the necessary PMC types. This branch isn't going to make any changes anywhere else in the code base, it will only add prototypes of new PMC types that can be added to trunk without breaking anything. Once these things are implemented, I will open new branches to start integrating them into Parrot. I'm leaving notes throughout to keep track of what the integration will require. There are also obviously still a few open questions to answer, and I'm hoping that these will get resolved as I start implementing things.